Late yesterday evening, crews from the Orchard Park Fire Company were dispatched to a residence to evaluate the odor of burning in a residence that the homeowner was experiencing for a few days. Upon further investigation from the Fire Company, crews were able to locate a small smoldering fire that was burning for some time behind the wall above the fireplace. Firefighters worked to expose the smoldering fire and were able to extinguish it, containing the damage to the wall above the fireplace. The homeowner fortunately contacted 9-1-1 and had the Fire Company dispatched in time for us to be able to stop this fire from spreading into a much bigger fire. We would like to remind everyone to please have your chimneys maintained, inspected and cleaned often. Cracks and poorly maintained chimneys can lead to a very unfortunate outcome if not properly addressed.
Chimney safety reminder after close call!
January 02, 2018
CommunityBack to Articles